Cindy's Life in U.S.

This is my second time live in U.S. but this blog is my first blog in English and I will post a lot of things in my U.S. life

Friday, October 20, 2006

Class Field Trip


This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog


Yesterday, Oct. 19, 003 and 004 classes had a Field Trip. We met at the Shuttle bus stop that in front of Stamp Union. I arrived at school at 7:10am as usual. I waited in the Stamp Union until 8:30. Today only three teachers took us on the Field Trip. We went to the Library of Congress and the National Building Museum.

The Library of Congress was established by an act of Congress in 1800. It is the nation's oldest federal cultural institution and serves as the research arm of Congress. It is also the largest library in the world, with more than 130 million items on approximately 530 miles of bookshelves. The collections include more than 29 million books and other printed materials, 2.7 million recordings, 12 million photographs, 4.8 million maps, and 58 million manuscripts.

We went to see The Green House. The Green House demonstrates that stylish architecture, comfortable interior design, and environmental responsibility are not mutually exclusive, but in fact can be mutually reinforcing. The home is where the movement to “go green” begins—where we as individuals have the power to set a new course for a more sustainable future.

After we saw Library of Congress and Nation Building Museum we went to Chinatown for our lunch. We ate Chinese food. I didn’t order but I think it was delicious, wasn’t it? After lunch we went back to College Park. I liked Library of Congress because it not only has a lot of books but is also a very beautiful building. I like this kind of old building a lot. It’s really beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi Cindy,
It was a nice field trip, wasn't it! I enjoy visiting museums and libraries in Washington, and it is fun to show my favorite places to my students. The Chinese lunch was a special treat, too! :-)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Mercia Silva said...

Hello Cindy,
I like your pictures and you blog.
I should be learnig with you how make my blog more romantic and beatifull.
See you soon

4:26 PM  
Blogger nazanin said...

Hello Cindy,
Ilike your pictures. please tell me how you did that. ;-)

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home