Cindy's Life in U.S.

This is my second time live in U.S. but this blog is my first blog in English and I will post a lot of things in my U.S. life

Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend of Oct. 7-8

The picture is Firework on Double Tenth Celebration in Taiwan (10/10/06)

Actually, during Oct. 6-10 was a big holiday in Taiwan. Friday, Oct. 6 was a moon Festival, and every family would has a Barbecue at home. On Friday, my friend had invited me to join their Barbecue, but his house was too far from my house; therefore, I didn't go. I just watched Chinese Drama at home and relaxed and I also chatted with my friends in internet.

The weekend of Oct. 7-8, I studied for TOEFL test whole day. I didn't go anywhere; I just studied and studied. Maybe you will think it is a very boring. It is. But I will take it in November, so I have to study it a lot. I hope I can get good score on it. I don't want to take it again. ><

Tomorrow, Oct. 10 is a Double Tenth Celebration; it's National Day in Taiwan. In the morning we will have a parade and at night we will have fireworks. I like firework a lot becasue they are very beautiful. Unfortunately, this year I can't see it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenniferho said...

I also like Barbecue too. Maybe we can have a picnic next time. I think you must think about your family very much!! Especially on hoilday.

10:39 PM  
Blogger M-alkaabi said...

Hi,Cindy
I hope that you get a good scoor in the Toefl and I hope to you see firework soon.
:)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Sunghye said...

I like Barbecue too!
I have to prepare for toefle test!
I hope, you will get a good score!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

It's hard to be in a foreign country on a holiday, isn't it? Most people don't know anything about that holiday and how much it means to you, and it's tough to be far away from family and friends. I guess you must have felt very homesick this week. On the other hand, it is nice to look at the full moon and think that your loved ones are gazing at the same moon!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Hiromi said...

Hello, Cindy!
Studying for TOEFL is exhausting, isn't it? But your English will definitely improve because of that! Also, I enjoyed reading about your holiday. I'm glad to know that you could have a relaxing day even though you conld not go to the barbecue.^^ In Taiwan, Are there a lot of celebrations day in autumn??

Anyway, good luck with your TOEFL test!

12:58 AM  
Blogger HSK said...

Hi.
why don't we have a Barbecue party as soon as possible?
I hope so
And I bet you will get score you want

11:47 AM  
Blogger essa-mei2006 said...

Hi, Cindy
I like fire work. In my country we have a lot of fire work.
Also, some time I do fire work in my house to my brothers.
It's very beautiful colors and different design.

Thank you for that's beautiful pictures
See you on Monday.
^_^

9:15 PM  
Blogger hadashi said...

What a very pretty fireworks page! I would like to know how you created it.

11:22 PM  
Blogger nazanin said...

Hi Cidny, you have such a nice pictures with fire I have this celebration in my country too but the date is different and thank you for visiting my blog:)

3:51 PM  
Blogger AMER said...

Hi, Cindy

How was the celebration there in Taiwan? and good luck in your toefl test.

_^)

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home