Cindy's Life in U.S.

This is my second time live in U.S. but this blog is my first blog in English and I will post a lot of things in my U.S. life

Friday, November 10, 2006

Home Schooling


This week we read of Home Schooling in NS. Therefore, Nina invites her friend to come to our class to give us a presentation about Home Schooling. Michelle is home schooling her children whose age are 6, 9 and 11. Home Schooling means parents teach their child at home instead of regular school. We asked a lot of questions about her experience of home schooling. It was very interesting for me because this is my first time to know what the home schooling is. In Taiwan, we can not choose to home schooling our children. Everyone has to go to regular school. It is illegal for parents don’t send their children to school. If parents don’t send their children to school, they will get some problems. For instance, they will go to jail or something like that. Anyway, after I listen to the presentation, in my opinion, I think regular school is better than Home Schooling. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Personally, I could not home school my daughter. She doesn't cooperate for me! I really admire Michelle and other home schooling parents, but I think some parents may not be good teachers. If the children are happy and are learning what they are supposed to learn, I think it's OK.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Jenniferho said...

It's a good experience to have this special speaker in our class. I think Mrs. C is a nice teacher and mother.

9:17 PM  
Blogger M-alkaabi said...

Hi,Cindy
It is beautiful picture.I hope that you knew more about homeschooling.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home